The Y2K is a great webbing for long lines above 200m length. It is not simply a webbing but a new principle of slackline. Every 50m the Main-Line gets connected with a quicklink to the next Main-Line. Also every 50m the BackUp gets connected to the Main-Line with a quicklink. Check below, what advantages this system brings along.
- Weight: 33.1 g/m
- Breaking strength: 34kN
- Breaking strength sewn loops: 29kN
- Length Main-Line: 50m per piece
- Length Backup: 53m per piece
- Material: 50% Polyester / 50% UHMWPE
- Stretch: About 1% @ 10kN
- 3-layer-construction with PES-fibers covering and protecting the inside Dyneema-fibers
Advantages to standard webbing:
- There is a functioning Backup all 50m.
- Main and Backup cannot be untaped in heavy winds - all 50m a connection will remain.
- It is possible to start rigging a line from both anchor points and simply connect it when meeting in the middle.
- If you own e.g. 300m of this webbing but have a 340m-project, you can simply buy another 50m-piece to complete your Set-Up. Also possible to share Set-Ups with friends of course.
- If one part of the line gets damaged, only a 50m part needs to be replaced.
- Easy to distribute the webbing on several backpacks when carrying it up the mountain.
- Much easier line handling if there is e.g. a knot in the middle. Only a 50m piece needs to be disentangled and you don't have the disaster of e.g. a 500m line with a knot in the middle.
- With this webbing the longest slackline of history with a length of 3km is just about to be rigged these days
This webbing can be bought as a
- Main-Line (with a sewn loop on each end plus a double-loop on one end to connect the backup-webbing) which is 50m long
- Backup-Line (with a sewn loop on each end) which is 53m long
- Bundle (Main-Line + Backup-Line together)